5/4/10

Netflix App on the iPad: The Woods

I finally got a chance to watch Lucky McKee's The Woods and I watched it on iPad through the Netflix App. The experience was awesome. I will easily admit to being a movie junkie on the iPhone, it works and I have watched alot of movies on the device. I got the iPad as an additional device to watch content on. Stuff like Youtube, TV.com, and iTunes downloads works perfectly, and I can fill the iPad with content just like I used to do with my Ipods and the iPhone. I'm not so much a fanboy of apple as I am a person that must consume movies and shows all the time.

As for The Woods I thought it was fabulous. I'm a huge fan of Giallo, and Dario Argento, and his trilogy of witches movies like Suspiria, Tennebre, and Mother of Tears. The Woods is heavily influenced by Suspiria, and McKee uses atmosphere and dread to evoke a nightmare like experience of horror instead of the boo-gotcha techniques used by so many post Slasher filmmakers. Agnes Bruckner is superb in the role of troubled teen Heather Fasulo sent to an all girls boarding school. Of course we all stand and applaud whenever Bruce Campbell is on screen and he is superb as Heather's Mad Men era father. Other notable parts are Patricia Clarkson as the headmistress and Rachel Nichols plays Samantha, Heather tormentor to prefection and steals every scene she is in.

As for watching the film on the iPad, its a great experience. I will take full advantage of the Netflix Unlimited plan and I expect alot more titles to open up to Instant View on the iPad Netflix App as competition for eyeballs increases. If you already have an iPad and Netflix unlimited, check out The Woods, and oh yeah...Dont Drink The Milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment