6/9/10

Youtube's Featured Videos Add Hits

I was going over my Youtube Insight numbers and noticed a few big spikes in views, and it turns out it was because the Youtube engine decided to "Feature" a couple of the videos. I'm not talking about getting on the front page like Hank Green and other mega popular Tubers. I mean the Featured feature that sits atop of the related videos on the right hand side of the player page.I really have no idea how why those two videos were suddenly promoted to featured status but I will take. This is why its a good idea to keep up old videos. About a month ago I thought about pruning some of the weaker performing videos from my channel. Turns out thats not always a good idea. For example: Fishing Report Captain Jeff is a video I uploaded in January of 2009 and it wasn't really getting to many hits, maybe 10 a day. Now that it is a featured video of mine, and it shows up at the top of related videos, the video jumped to get up to 50 views a day. I was able to see this because I check the box that says I want to see Youtube Insight results on my homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment